Get ready for an exciting adventure and see how dancing will improve your life and well-being.
Benefits of Dancing
Most dancers are pleasantly surprised at the many additional ways in which their lives are enriched by joining the dance community:
- Socialization Most new students looking to take their new skills to a specific venue such as a cruise, wedding, or party. There are additional opportunities for socialization such as studio parties, dance competitions, and club performances. Ladies and gentlemen alike will be pleased to know that dancers LIKE to dance. For men, good manners and gentlemanly behavior are rewarded by a "Yes, thank you" response. For ladies, ballroom dance provides the ability to enjoy dance and music in a safe and fun environment.
- Fitness Dancing rarely feels like exercise. However, participation in practice sessions, drills, lessons, and social events provides an incredible amount of aerobic exercise and physical conditioning. Many dancers experience weight loss and muscle toning benefits as a direct by-product of participating in dance.
- Agility Dance steps and movements require using muscles and postures which are new to most people. The end result is that your body will become more flexible and nimble. Also increased grace and posture are by-products of dance technique and movement.
- Mental Acuity
Dancing demands a high level of mental energy. Planning pattern movements, lines of direction, and appropriate responses to floor conditions and partner directions hone a dancer's cognitive skills. Studies have confirmed side benefits such as staving off Alzheimer's.
- Confidence and Self Esteem The combination of increased mental and physical capabilities is an extraordinary boost to self-confidence. Dancing skills can be readily transferred to other sports and leisure activities.
- Look Better Proper dance posture and carriage add to improved physical conditioning and result in a dynamic, new you. Straighter spines, balanced footwork, and arm-framing all result in the person your parents expected when saying "Stand up straight". Better posture results in a more attractive figure and a healthier skeleton.
- Have Fun Last, but not least, dancing is FUN! Music, companionship, and increased personal activity levels all combine to enrich your lifestyle in ways you could not have imagined.
After you learn the fundamentals of core dances, you will be able to expand your interests and skills in many ways in both private and public settings. I encourage you to further your learning and contact me to get you started in this beautiful environment. Book Your FREE Dance Evaluation Here!
Dancing will make your life better.